I went all the way to Saudi Arabia to get a vital organ removed from my body, and I blogged about it. When that was all over, I decided to keep the blog going. Go here for the full explanation.
I'm Cord, a writer with one kidney. Wanna be friends? Get at me: kidneyandthekingdom[at]gmail.com
Told You, Mom
Researchers from the school of psychology at Britain’s Keele University have found swearing can make you feel better as it can have a “pain-lessening effect,” according to a study published in the journal NeuroReport.
My “Angry White Men" piece hit the front page of MSN early this morning. Here’s a sampling of the hate mail I’ve received since:
- "People like you will only be happy when we become a third world country and there is only the elite on your side sprinkle alittle down to the rest of us"
- "You need to spend more time writing articles like ‘blacks need to take the chip off their shoulder’ or ‘why do blacks love to blame others for their own communities failings’"
- "You are one sad pathetic mother fucker!"
- "The killing of Dr. Tiller seems to me to be karma"
- "You may want to think twice before castigating the angry white guys"
- "Why don’t you do us all a favor and go back to Africa"
Think these people get the irony in responding like this to an article about white rage?
Whatever Works, I Suppose
Overheard on the streets of Brooklyn:
I’m tellin’ you, son, you gotta get that master’s degree. (Pause) Once you got that master’s, a nigga be fuckin’ bitches he never thought he could fuck.